Miami Travels to the Wake Forest Invitational
Feb. 25, 2009
OXFORD, Ohio - The Miami Baseball team continues its Carolina road trip this weekend at the Wake Forest Invitational. Miami will play four games this weekend in Winston Salem, N.C. and opening the invitational with William and Mary on Friday at 11 a.m. followed by then Wake Forest at 6 p.m. The RedHawks will continue action on Saturday with a season match up with the Demon Deacons at 2:30 p.m. and conclude play Sunday with an 11 a.m. game with Farleigh Dickinson.
THE REDHAWK RUNDOWN
- Zak Hatfield (Fort Wayne, Ind.) made his first hit as a RedHawk a memorable one as he hit a two run homerun on Feb. 21 against The College of Charlestown.
- Ryan Curl (Columbus, Ohio) picked up his first career hit on Feb. 21 with a double in the top of the seventh inning against The College of Charleston.
- Samuel Dawes (Cincinnati, Ohio) pitched in each of Miami’s three games against The College of Charleston and did not give up a hit.
- The RedHawks racked up seven runs or more in their final two games against The College of Charleston. Miami did not score seven or more run in game last season until March 15. In their first three games of 2009, the Red and White have put 17 runs on the board. Last season, Miami did not score its 17th run of the season until its seventh game of the season.
- Matt Erwood (Atlanta, Ga.) got his fifth season with the Red and White off to a good start going 4.1innings and only giving up one earned run.
LEADERS IN THE CLUB HOUSE
TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGEN’