Gatorade, Papa John's and Miami University Athletics have come together to promote reading in local schools through the Gatorade's Reading with the RedHawks program powered by Papa John's!
The goal of the program is to make reading a top priority for your students and we hope you will join us by participating in this year's program!
The Reading with the RedHawks program puts reading in the hands of your students by having them compete for number of hours read between November 12 and January 12.
Participation in the program includes:
- Individual reading logs for participating students
- School visits from Miami student-athletes
- The chance to win a cash prize for your school's library!
- The RedHawk Reader who has read the most hours at their school will represent their school at a Miami Men's Basketball game where they and a school representative will be recognized at half-time.
- The winning RedHawk Reader from each school will receive three complimentary tickets to the Miami versus Ball State game at 3 p.m. on January 26, 2013. The school representative will also receive two complimentary tickets to the game.
- The winning RedHawk Reader will win a Miami prize pack that he/she will receive at the basketball game!
- The winning RedHawk Reader will win a Papa John's Pizza party and Gatorade for his/her entire class!
- Bookmarks and posters will be provided to your school library to promote the program
If you are interested in participating in Gatorade's Reading with the RedHawks Program powered by Papa John's, please click here to submit your form. The last day to submit is November 9.
Once your form is submitted, the Director of Life Skills Programming for Miami University Athletics will be in contact to provide you with reading logs, school visit dates and further information.We recognize that your school might already do some sort of reading program and we are more than willing to make the Reading with the RedHawks program adaptable to enhance/supplement your programming already put in place.
For questions, please contact Ashley Korn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-529-0415