Midweek throughout the 2012-13 school year, I will showcase some of the best quotes from Miami University athletes, coaches, personnel and alumni. Listed below are a few comments from the past week. Enjoy!
- "It was just kind of Christmas come early." - Senior linebacker Pat Hinkel on his two interceptions against Southern Illinois Saturday.
- "We certainly appreciate the support from our university and greater Oxford community. That was important. I think there were a lot of people that demonstrated that they were all-in and we hope more will continue to move forward with that." - Football coach Don Treadwell on the crowd at Saturday's game against Southern Illinois.
- "In my mind, it should be a fun thing. I think it's all a matter of perspective to a certain degree. If you are worried about the blue turf then it becomes an issue. If you are excited about it then it shouldn't be." - Football coach Don Treadwell on playing on the blue turf at Boise State Saturday.
- "We really played together as a team. I am so excited for what's to come. We have some more really tough teams (ahead of us) so we're going to use this momentum and keep fighting the whole season." - Junior Emily Gruesser after the team's win against Longwood University Saturday.
- "We're fast, let's not try and disguise that. We've got tremendous speed going down both flanks and coming up the middle of the field as well." - Soccer coach Bobby Kramig on his team's speed after a 4-0 win against Austin Peay Friday.