Bowling Green at Miami
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
• Redshirt freshman quarterback Austin Gearing made his first-career start. He went 6-for-6 with 31 yards through the air to go along with 30 rushing yards on nine carries.
• On defense, Randy Anderson also made his first-career starts at safety. He made six tackles and broke up one pass. He had two tackles in four games entering tonight.
• Sophomore receiver Alvonta Jenkins hauled in a 26-yard pass from Drew Kummer on the opening possession for Miami, his first 20-yard play of the season. He finished with three catches for 53 yards after entering with six receptions and 56 receiving yards this year.
• Sophomore kicker Kaleb Patterson drilled a 51-yard field goal in the first quarter, his second field goal of 50+ yards this year. That kick is the ninth longest in MU history and only the 11th field goal to travel at least 50 yards in program history.
• Freshman running back Grant Niemiec finished with a season-high 40 yards on five carries.
• The RedHawks recorded a season-high four sacks on Tuesday night. Prior to the game, MU’s defense had only nine sacks all season.
• Bryson Albright was the main nuisance for MU’s pass rush, recording a career-high three sacks after entering the night with two sacks this year and three in his career.