Miami Postgame Notes
Miami vs. Michigan State
Friday, Nov. 16, 2012
Oxford, Ohio - Steve Cady Arena
- Sophomore forward Alex Wideman tallied the second goal of the night during the second period off assists from sophomores Ben Paulides and Cody Murphy. The goal was Wideman's third goal of the season. He has scored in each of the last two games and in three of his last four games. Wideman also scored the shoot-out winning goal for the second straight game.
- Sophomore defender Ben Paulides tallied his first assist and point of the 2012-2013 season tonight, allowing Wideman to give Miami a 2-1 advantage in the second period. His last assist was on Feb. 17, 2012 against Notre Dame.
- Freshman forward John Doherty played in his first collegiate game Friday.
- The overtime contest was Miami's fourth of the season and second straight overtime game, as the RedHawks are 1-0-3 in OT contests this year. Miami has also won both CCHA shootouts this year, winning the shootout vs. Northern Michigan last Saturday as well.
- Sophomore forward Cody Murphy logged his fifth assist of the season. Murphy's five assists and seven points rank third behind sophomore forward Austin Czarnik and freshman forward Riley Barber.
- Barber did not tally any points during the game tonight, but was the first to score in tonight's shootout against Michigan State. Taking a hard shot a the top of the net, officials ruled the goal good following review, giving Miami a 1-0 edge. Wideman later scored the winning goal in the shootout.
- Miami's underclassman continue to pave the way in the 2012-2013 season, earning all four points for the RedHawks tonight, as well as the two goals scored during the shootout. Freshmen and sophomores are now responsible for 63 of the 80 Miami points this season (78.8 percent).
- Freshman goaltender Jay Williams has now started the past six games for the RedHawks. His record now stands at 5-2-2.
- The RedHawks are now 31-68-6 all-time in their series against the Spartans.