Injury Update: Tuesday, Oct. 9
• WR NICK HARWELL - After missing three straight games with a leg injury, the junior wide receiver finally returned against Cincinnati. He caught five balls for 40 yards and a touchdown in a limited role.
Coach Don Treadwell said this about the team's top wide out: "We put him in there a limited number of times just to ease him back into it. You've got to make sure conditioning wise and all the other things are in order, but I think it was good for him and certainly it was good for our program to get him back."
Expect Harwell's playing time and targets to increase this week against Bowling Green. Barring any setbacks, he should be close to being back to normal.
• RB JAMIRE WESTBROOK - The freshman tailback sustained what Treadwell said was a "leg or ankle" injury in the first half against Cincinnati. Westbrook didn't return to the game in the second half, but all signs point to him being fine for this week's game against Bowling Green.
• WR DAWAN SCOTT - The sophomore playmaker went down with an undisclosed injury against Cincinnati, but he "should be OK," according to Treadwell.
• DT AUSTIN BROWN - Don't expect the senior captain to return this week against Bowling Green. Brown is still listed as "out" with a back injury. Treadwell said he couldn't list him as probable at this point in time.
• S JUSTIN BOWERS - The senior safety sustained what looked to be a serious knee or leg injury in the first half against Akron. He is listed as "out" with a leg injury this week against Bowling Green.