YPSILANTI, Mich. – For the first time this season, the Eastern Michigan women’s tennis team lost in a Mid-American Conference match when Miami (12-6, 4-1 MAC) handed the Eagles a 4-3 loss on Friday afternoon.
In the doubles portion of the match, Miami lost two of the three sets and surrendered the doubles point to EMU (12-7, 5-1 MAC). At No. 2 doubles, freshman Andreea Badileanu and senior Nimisha Mohan pounded their opponents, 8-2.
Miami won four of the six singles matches in order to secure the match victory. At No. 1 singles, Mohan won in three sets by a final of 6-2, 4-6, 6-2. In her first singles match of the 2014 campaign, junior Alix Thurman won 7-5, 6-0 at No. 4. Playing at No. 5, Junior Christine Guerrazzi won in two sets as well, 6-3, 7-5 while sophomore Ana Rajkovic won in three sets at No. 6 singles, 5-7, 6-1, 6-3.
Miami returns to action tomorrow when they travel to Toledo for a 1 p.m. conference bout against the Rockets.
1. Nimisha Mohan (MU) def. Klara Supejova (EMU) 6-2, 4-6, 6-2
2. Diana Davitaia (EMU) def. Andreea Badileanu (MU) 7-5, 6-2
3. Nino Mebuke (EMU) def. Christiana Raymond (MU) 6-0, 6-1
4. Alix Thurman (MU) def. Mariya Toncheva (EMU) 7-5, 6-0
5. Christine Guerrazzi (MU) def. Daphne Friedrichs (EMU) 6-3, 7-5
6. Ana Rajkovic (MU) def. Maria Paula Ribero (EMU) 5-7, 6-1, 6-3