OXFORD, Ohio -- If it is to beat 25th-ranked and undefeated Ohio, Miami's football team will need some home-field heroes on Oct. 27 at Yager Stadium.
Will it be a touchdown pass by ZAC DYSERT ... a game-winning grab by NICK HARWELL ... a game-saving tackle by CHRIS WADE ... or a interception return by DAYONNE NUNLEY? Someone--or multiple someones--will need to step up with a career-best performance against the Bobcats.
The RedHawks will need the full-fledged support of their fans against their archrivals and, fortunately for them, Miami makes available its best ticket deal of the season. If your family can afford to attend only one football game at Yager Stadium this season, the Miami-Ohio showdown fits your wallet perfectly. The phenominal Family Foursome package includes four tickets, four free Miami baseball hats, plus vouchers for four free hot dogs and drink vouchers ... all for only $44. Click here to order tickets online or call Miami's Athletic Ticket Office at (513) 529-4295. The special price will not be available on game day, so order your tickets no later than Friday, Oct. 26.
The game day atmosphere is ideal for families as Miami's Cheerleaders, Dance Team, Shakerettes, and Marching Band help cheer on the RedHawks. Experiencing all that game day has to offer is a great way to spend your Saturday afternoon with your family at Miami University! Tailgate Town is the place to be on a Fall Saturday in Oxford. What better way to prepare for RedHawk Football than to fire up the grill, watch your kids play in the interactive games, listen to music and hang out with friends. Tailgate Town is open two hours prior to kick-off (1:30 p.m.) and admission is FREE!
While there are a wide variety of events to attend on Family Weekend (Oct. 26-28), the spotlight shines upon Yager on Saturday afternoon (3:30 p.m.). Quarterbacks ZAC DYSERT (Ada) of Miami and Tyler Tettleton of Ohio are two of the nation's best at that position. A few weeks ago, Dysert became the first person in NCAA FBS history to throw for 500 yards and rush for 100 yards in the very same game.
Miami home wins over Ohio University at Yager Stadium since 1987
September 18, 2004
Miami 40 - Ohio 20
- Ryne Robinson had a total of 89 punt return yards during that game, including a 74-yard punt return for a touchdown
- Marcus Johnson had 4.5 tackles including two sacks which totaled 25 yards of loss for the Bobcats
November 2, 2002
Miami 38 - Ohio 20
- RB Luke Clemens had two rushing touchdowns during this contest, which marked the third straight multi-touchdown game for Clemens
- Ben Roethlisberger connected with Michael Larkin for two touchdowns.
November 4, 2000
Miami 27 - Ohio 24
- Mike Bath fired a 37-yard scoring pass to Jason Branch with 79 seconds left to clinch the RedHawk victory.
October 31, 1998
Miami 35 - Ohio 21
- The two teams were tied at 21 apiece with 5:34 remaining in the game. In those final minutes, Travis Prentice had two rushing touchdowns to increase the gap separating the two squads and give Miami a victory.
November 9, 1996
Miami 24 - Ohio 8
- Travis Prentice led the way for Miami with 16 carries for 80 yards including two touchdowns.
October 19, 1991
Miami 34 - Ohio 0
- A combination of shutdown defense and superb offense paved the way for a Miami shootout and shutout of the Bobcats. Notable performances on the defensive side of the ball came from Curt McMillan (11 tackles) and Phillips (two tackles for loss and one sack). Neil Dougherty threw for three TDs while Milt Stegall returned a kickoff 96 yards for a Miami score.
October 17, 1987
Miami 10 - Ohio 9
- Gary Gussman hit an 18-yard game-winning field goal for the Redskins with just under five minutes remaining in the contest.