BUFFALO, N.Y. – In the first of two Mid-American Conference road matches this weekend, the Miami University women’s tennis team lost 5-2 on Friday afternoon to Buffalo. The Bulls won two of three doubles sets to clinch the doubles point and went on to capture four of the six singles sets en route to the match win.
In doubles action, the sole Miami (10-6, 2-1 MAC) victory came at No. 2 where senior Nimisha Mohan and freshman Andreea Badileanu handed their Buffalo (12-3, 3-1 MAC) opponents a decisive, 8-1 win.
Miami won singles bouts at No. 2 and No. 3. Badileanu won the first set of her No. 2 singles match, 6-0 before her opponent had to withdraw due to an injury. At No. 3 singles, senior Christiana Raymond downed her opponent, 6-1, 6-4.
Miami hits the courts tomorrow for another MAC contest when they travel to Akron for a 1 p.m. match.
1. Tanvi Shah/Miranda Podlas (UB) def. Christine Guerrazzi/Alix Thurman (MU), 8-7 (8-6)
2. Nimisha Mohan/Andreea Badileanu (MU) def. Anamaria Candanoza/Marta Stoyanova (UB), 8-1
3. Margarita Kotok/Laura Holterbosch (UB) def. Christiana Raymond/Ramona Costea (MU), 8-4
Order of Finish: 2,3,1
1. Tanvi Shah (UB) def. Nimisha Mohan (MU), 6-2, 5-7, 7-5
2. Andreea Badileanu (MU) def. Miranda Podlas (UB), 6-0, inj withdrawl
3. Christiana Raymond (MU) def. Laura Fernandez (UB), 6-1, 6-4
4. Margarita Kotok (UB) def. Christine Guerrazzi (MU), 6-2, 6-7 (7-5), 6-2
5. Anamaria Candanoza (UB) def. Ramona Costea (MU), 6-3, 6-4
6. Marta Stoyanova (UB) def. Ana Rajkovic (MU), 4-6, 6-2, 6-4
Order of Finish: 2,3,5,6,4,1