KALAMAZOO, Mich.--For the second time in as many weeks, Miami University's soccer team battled to a double-overtime draw. In a defensive struggle, the RedHawks and Mid-American Conference West Division co-leader Western Michigan Broncos played 110 scoreless minutes. Miami (5-6-2; 2-1-2 MAC), who leads the MAC East Division, placed five of their eight shots on goal, but was not able to capitalize. Western Michigan (6-3-3; 4-0-1) had just three shots on goal, which senior goalkeeper Allison Norenberg collected.

The shutout was the 17th of Norenberg's career, breaking the Miami career record of Krista Pace ('09), who finished with 16 during her four-year career.

"Congratulations to Allison for becoming Miami Soccer's all-time leader for shutouts," said head coach Bobby Kramig. "I thought she did a very good controling her area and made two good saves."

There were very few scoring opportunities for either team in the first half. Miami’s first shot to score came from sophomore forward/midfielder Haley Walter at the 26:37 mark. Just over 10 minutes later, Miami had another opportunity with a shot on target by junior midfielder Kelsey Dinges that was stopped by WMU goalkeeper Michelle Watson. The Broncos had no shots on goal in the opening 45 minutes.

The Broncos came out firing in the second period with a pair of shots saved by Norenberg and another shot that was blocked in the opening 12 minutes. Miami tried to end the stalemate in the 80th and 83rd minutes with shots by freshman forward/midfielder Rachel Marble and Dinges, which were stopped by the WMU goalkeeper. Western Michigan also had its share of scoring attempts in the final 10 minutes of regulation with a shot that went wide and a trio of corner kicks.

Senior midfielder Kayla Zakrzewski tried to punch in a goal just over three minutes into the extra period, which was Miami’s lone shot attempt during the first overtime. The Broncos had a shot go wide with 11 seconds left in the first overtime, which sent the game to a second extra period.

Miami had two shots, both by Dinges, and a corner kick in the second overtime, but one shot went over the goal and one went wide, leaving the game at a 0-0 tie.

"I thought it was a well-played game," said Kramig. "It was very much a midfield battle. I thought our defense did a great job today, and by that I mean each and every player that was on the field. To keep a talented team like Western Michigan at bay required a total team effort."

The RedHawks remain on the road, traveling to Eastern Michigan to play the other co-leader of the MAC West Division for a 1 p.m. match on Sunday, Oct. 13.