Game Notes- Miami vs. NKU 11-12-2012
- Miami entered halftime with a three point lead for the second consecutive game. The RedHawks went into the locker room with a 31-28 lead over the Norse, after leading 27-24 over Eastern Kentucky last Friday.
- Freshman Maddie McCallie scored her first career points on a 3-pointer in the first half to put the RedHawks up, 8-5. McCallie finished with 15 points, the most for a freshman since Hannah Robertson scored 15 against Kent State February 17, 2011.
- Senior Courtney Osborn finished with a total of 20 points, passing Mary Ann Myers and Monica Niemann on Miami's career scoring list. Osborn now finds herself in third place all-time with 1,617 career points. Tonight also marked her 37th career 20-point game, moving her to within one of the Miami record held by Amanda Jackson.
- Osborn also broke her tie with Colleen Day on the career steals list and is now in sole possession of ninth place.
- Freshman Hannah McCue started her first career game. She finished with five points and five rebounds, the latter a new career high.
- The RedHawks shot the ball much better this evening than in their season opener, bringing their field goal percentage up from 33.8 percent on Friday to 43.5 percent tonight. Miami also showed marked improvement from the free throw line, shooting 75 from the line as opposed to 50 percent against Eastern Kentucky.