Every week throughout the 2012-13 school year, I will showcase some of the best quotes from Miami University athletes, coaches, personnel and alumni. Listed below are a few comments from the past week. Enjoy!
• “I just had one thought in my head – I’m going to get him. Before the play I was like, ‘Yo Jay (defensive coordinator Peterson), if we get a sack here, it’s game over.’ We were just doing everything we could to get him.” – Wes Williams on his game-winning sack in the team’s 23-20 win over rival and previously undefeated Ohio University Saturday, Oct. 27.
• “Down the line, to have passed a guy like Ben (Roethlisberger), who he knows and has a relationship with, I think he’ll appreciate that and I think in his heart he really appreciates it a little bit right now.” – Quarterbacks coach Mike Bath said about Zac Dysert breaking Ben Roethlisberger’s school-record career passing mark of 10,829 yards. Dysert is 75 yards shy of the record.
• “I’m happy for him. Records are made to be broken. When you have a good guy, a good person, a good player, those are the type of guys you root for to break the record.” – Ben Roethlisberger on Zac Dysert breaking his school-record career passing mark of 10,829 yards. Dysert is 75 yards shy of the record.
• “Last week, the pressure was all on us because we wanted to be conference champs, so they really didn’t have much (to play for). But now it’s on both of us and it’s going to be that much more of a fight.” – Junior forward Emily Gruesser said about playing rival Ohio University for the second time in six days Friday, Nov. 2 in the opening and semifinal round of the MAC Tournament.
• I thought it was a tremendous effort by our kids. I’m pleased with the level of energy and enthusiasm they brought to the game, the commitment they brought to the game. It was a little disappointing not to get the second goal, but that’s soccer. It was only 1-0, but I thought it was pretty convincing.” – Head coach Bobby Kramig on the top-seeded RedHawks’ win over rival No. 8 Ohio University in the quarterfinals of the MAC Tournament Sunday, Oct. 28.