On Saturday, May 3, the Miami University football team will host its annual Spring Game, beginning at 1 p.m. inside Yager Stadium, but that is not the only exciting event happening around the stadium. That same day, Miami Athletics will host a “Taste of Gameday” in the West Millett parking lot prior to the contest to help fans get fired up for the 2014 tailgating scene.
The “Taste of Gameday” will be a scaled down version of what to expect next season in the West Millett parking lot. Fans are encouraged to tailgate with members of the athletic department on that Saturday afternoon. The party begins at 11 a.m. (lots will open at 10:30 a.m.). Those interested in joining the fun can access the tailgate area through Gates 1 and 2 off of Weeb Ewbank and University Avenue.
Not only will parking be free, but Miami Athletics will be handing out free food and beverages to anyone in attendance and fans will have an opportunity to participate in some tailgating games.
An RSVP is not needed for the event. Fans are encouraged to just show up early and have a good time.
Other Details For Next Saturday
- Handicap parking will be available in the East Millett lot on May 3. Golf carts and shuttles will be available for those in need
- Fans are reminded to park in the West Millett Lot for this weekend's Spring Football game.
- West Millett Lot can be accessed through Gate 1 located off of East Sycamore Street.
- Tailgaters should enter West Millett Lot through Gate 2, located off of East Sycamore Street at University Avenue.
- Weeb Ewbank Hill will be closed to vehicular traffic from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Accessible parking is available with shuttle from the East Millett Parking lot, entered via Gate 5 off of Bonham Road.
- Parking around Yager Stadium will be extremely limited due to construction so please park in the Millett lots.