After reviewing the results of Miami Football Fan and Customer Surveys, Miami Athletics has heard their fans' suggestions.
"We are always looking for ways to improve and enhance the fan experience at our games," said Keanah Smith, Associate Athletic Director for Game Operations. "We welcome any feedback from our customers to create the Ultimate Miami Game Day Experience for every home game."
The implementation of the fans' feedback will be put into action at this Saturday's RedHawk game versus Southern Illinois. The following changes for the 2012-13 Season:
- Improved Tailgate Town: Tailgate Town has added more vendors, booths and musical acts to create a great place for friends and family to gather before the game. Located on the west lawn of Millett Hall, Tailgate Town has become an exciting place to be with performances from the Miami Marching Band and great musical acts on the larger performance stage.
- Stationary Program stands: Tired of looking for program sellers? Curious how you can get your hands on the exciting Miami football program? Now stationary stands have been set up on the west and south concourse for ease of purchase. These stands also feature the popular stadium seat option to give you a more comfortable experience.
- Concession Voucher Redemption - To help you redeem your concession voucher, we have opened up all concessions stands to accept the vouchers (except for the deep-fried concessions trailer offering deep-fried food).
- New TVs on the Concourse - All concourse TV's have received a face lift this off season. All televisions on the concourse at Yager Stadium have been switched from the older box-style televisions to flat screens to enhance fan experience.
- Text Messaging System - For stadium issues, concerns, or problems on game day, text "HAWKS" to "90808" with your location and problem. Standard text messaging rates apply.
- Improved training for Gate Workers, Ushers and Concessions staff: Each year, many new faces join the Yager Stadium game-day staff working the gates, ushering fans to their seats and serving concessions. Miami Athletics has a high standard of customer service and with an improved training program, so will the staff, who are oftentimes the most visible of our representatives.
- New Gravel Parking Lot - The Fryman Parking Lot has been added off Bonham Road. Located a stone's throw from the south entrance to Yager Stadium, the gravel parking lot is more stable in all weather and provides convenient access to the stadium including golf cart shuttles for those needing assistance. The road can be accessed from Oxford Milford Road and SR 73.
- Love RED, Live Green -Miami is proud to introduce "Love Red, Live Green" initiative aimed at reducing the amount of waste that Miami produces each year at athletic events. This program encourages fans to recycle their bottles and cans as you leave the stadium. The first stages of this program include increased awareness programs about recycling as well as increased designated recycling stations around the stadium and adjacent parking lots.
- New Logos - New Mid-American Conference and NCAA logos have been installed on the facade of the west stands, the front doors of the Gross Center and inside Millett Arena.
- Enhanced Concrete - The concrete in the west stands has been updated and fixed to provide a cleaner and safer area for people to watch the game.
- Sideline Adidas Apparel Available - Swoop's Stadium Shop on the west side of the stadium has been upgraded with additional Adidas sideline apparel available for purchase through the Miami University Bookstore
Game Operations Vision: The Role of Game Operations to organize, plan, educate and communicate the policies and procedures of the athletic department and university to ensure safe, respectful and enjoyable experience for all who attend or participate in events at Miami University.